WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS W.Va. (WVDN) – The Schoolhouse Hotel in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia is hosting a variety of events in October, including movie nights and a paint night.
- The first event was on Oct. 4. The Schoolhouse Hotel hosted a movie night featuring the film The Blair Witch Project. The Blair Witch Project is a 1999 American found-footage horror film directed by Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sánchez. It tells the story of three student filmmakers who go missing in the woods of Maryland while filming a documentary about a local legend known as the Blair Witch.
- Oct. 11 at 6 p.m.: The Schoolhouse Hotel will host a movie night featuring the film Monsters Inc. Monsters, Inc. is a 2001 American computer-animated comedy-drama film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film stars John Goodman and Billy Crystal as James P. “Sulley” Sullivan and Mike Wazowski, two best friends who work as scarers at Monsters, Inc., a factory that generates power by scaring human children.
- Oct. 18 at 6 p.m.: The Schoolhouse Hotel will host a movie night featuring the film IT. IT is a 2017 American supernatural horror film directed by Andrés Muschietti, based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Stephen King. It is the first installment in the It duology, followed by It Chapter Two (2019). The film stars Jaeden Martell, Bill Skarsgård, Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, and Javier Botet.
- Oct. 24 at 6 p.m.: The Schoolhouse Hotel will host a movie night featuring the film Hotel Transylvania. Hotel Transylvania is a 2012 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and released by Columbia Pictures. It is the first installment in the Hotel Transylvania franchise, followed by two sequels and a television series. The film features the voices of Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, CeeLo Green, and Jon Lovitz.
The movie night events feature a menu of theater classics. The list includes:
- Popcorn by the bucket – $5
- Nacho chips and cheese sauce – $6
- Hamburger and french fries with a fountain drink – $11
- Bavarian pretzel and cheese sauce – $8
- Chicken fingers and french fries with a fountain drink – $12
- Personal pepperoni pizza with a fountain drink – $10
- Sodas – $3
- Bottled water – $2
- Theater boxed candies – $4
M&Ms – plain and peanut
Paint Nite with Lisa
- Oct. 27 at 6 p.m.: The Schoolhouse Hotel will host a paint night. Participants will be able to create their own paintings featuring the theme and all materials will be provided. Tickets are $35 per person.
Contact the hotel’s front desk to sign up for Paint Nite with Lisa. For more information, please visit the Schoolhouse Hotel website or call 304-536-0999.
The Schoolhouse Hotel is located at 125 Schoolhouse Way in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. The hotel has a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, rooftop terrace, and fitness center.
White Sulphur Springs is a historic town located in the Greenbrier Valley of West Virginia. The town is known for its mineral springs, which have been used for therapeutic purposes for centuries. White Sulphur Springs is also home to The Greenbrier, a luxury resort that has hosted many famous guests over the years.
The Schoolhouse Hotel is a great place to stay and explore the Greenbrier Valley. The hotel is located within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and attractions.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.