Connect with us


Greenbrier Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase



A Greenbrier County man was arrested on Tuesday, September 29 after leading Deputies on a high-speed chase through Fairlea and the surrounding areas.

Eric Matthew George, 22, of Brush Road in Frankford, was arrested on charges of violating probation, possession of a controlled substance, driving while revoked due to DUI, obstructing police officers and fleeing with reckless indifference.

According to the criminal complaint, deputies were running traffic on Route 219 North in the vicinity of the West Virginia State Fairgrounds. At approximately 7:43 p.m., a vehicle driven by George approached with a headlight out. Deputies pursued George’s vehicle into the Dairy Queen parking lot, where they performed a traffic stop.

According to the report, George did not have proper registration or insurance for the vehicle. He also initially stated that he did not have his driver’s license on him, before allegedly admitting to deputies that it had been revoked due to a previous DUI conviction. Deputies then returned to their vehicle to verify George’s statement. It was at this point when George allegedly drove off in an attempt to flee the area.

According to the complaint, deputies pursued George from the Dairy Queen to Brush Road, reaching speeds of 78-miles per hour. Lewisburg Police aided in the pursuit, deploying spike strips near the intersection of Anderson and Brush Roads. The report states that George struck the spike strips with the passenger-side of his vehicle, damaging both tires. George then brought his vehicle to a stop in a driveway on Brush Road.

Deputies exited their vehicle with their weapons drawn, and ordered George to show them his hands, according to the criminal complaint. George exited his own vehicle, and initially complied with the order. Deputies then holstered their weapons and began to approach George. George then allegedly began to resist arrest. A brief struggle ensued, and it required three officers to sufficiently restrain George to the point that he could be placed in handcuffs, the complaint stated.

Deputies searched the vehicle, where they discovered a dark substance that appeared to be heroin, a leafy substance that appeared to be marijuana and several syringes, according to the complaint.

George was taken to the Lewisburg Detachment for processing. The report stated that as Deputies placed George into their vehicle to be transported to Southern Regional Jail, he allegedly complained of pain, dizziness and sensitivity to light, and requested medical attention. Deputies brought George to the Greenbrier Valley Medical Center. Once medically cleared, George was taken to Southern Regional Jail.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.