West Virginia Chicken And Eggs Summary

Charleston (WVDN)- Layers during 2021 averaged 1.27 million, up 1 percent from the 2020 average of 1.26 million.

The average annual production per layer was 234 eggs, up 4 eggs per layer from the 2020 total of 230 eggs per layer. Pullets for 2021 totaled 825,000, up 6 percent from the
2020 total of 779,000. Other chickens totaled 112,000 in 2021, up 6 percent from the 2020 total of
106,000.Egg production during the year ending November 30, 2021 totaled 298.2 million eggs. This was 3 percent up from the 2020 production of 290.3 million eggs.
The total number of chickens on hand on December 1, 2021 (excluding commercial broilers) was 2.30 million head, up 6 percent from the 2020 total of 2.18 million. The total value of all chickens on December 1, 2021 was $18.4 million, up 16 percent from the December 1, 2020 value of $15.9 million. The average value of $8.00 per head on December 1, 2021, was up $.70 per head from the 2020 value of $7.30 per bird.
United States – Layers during 2021 averaged 389 million, down 1 percent from the year earlier. The annual average production per layer on hand in 2021 was 285 eggs, unchanged from 2020. Egg production during the year ending November 30, 2021 totaled 111 billion eggs, down 1 percent from 2020. Table egg production, at 95.6 billion eggs, was down 2 percent from the previous year. Hatching egg production, at 15.2 billion eggs, was up 3 percent from 2020.
The total inventory of chickens on hand on December 1, 2021 (excluding commercial broilers) was 523 million birds, up 1 percent from last year.
The total value of all chickens on December 1, 2021 was $3.00 billion, up 16 percent from December 1, 2020. The average value increased from $4.99 per bird on December 1, 2020, to $5.75 per bird on
December 1, 2021

Related

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Today's Edition

IN THIS EDITION:

 • Lee Kidd

 • Bryan Fallon Ray

 • Justin Dale “JD” Hanna

 • The Back Pew: February 24, 2022

 • Brockington Brings Iowa State Back, Tops West Virginia 84-81

 • Libraries Offer Quilting Workshops

 • Tolson And Yates Named To Ohio University Dean's List

 • West Virginia Chicken And Eggs Summary

 • DHHR Confirms First Case of Salmonella Due to Recalled Powdered Infant Formula

 • Lewisburg Parks Commission Meeting

 • Trout Stockings

 • Application For The West Virginia Supreme Court Of Appeals Vacancy

 • Manchin Calls For Immediate Action Against Russia

 • Russia Attacks Ukraine, ‘Shattering’ European Peace

 • COVID-19 UPDATE: Gov. Justice Announces Cases Down More Than 80% In One Month: “We're Really Making Improvement”

 • Bob Huggins Fish Fry Marks 10 Years With $2.6M To Support WVU Cancer Institute

 • Manchin, Capito Announce $13.8 Million From Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment And Jobs Act For W.V. Transit Programs

 • William H. “Bill” Shaver

 • Traffic Light Down In Lewisburg

 • Dorothy Mae “Dottie” Fisher

 • Bob Huggins Fish Fry Marks 10 Years

 • Cake Bingo In Dunmore

 • Lewisburg AA Meetings

 • WVDNR Shares Trout Stocking Locations For Week Of Feb. 14

 • COVID-19 Daily Update 2-24-2022

 • Senate Calendar And Committee Schedule For Thursday, February 24, 2022

 • Photo of Green Bank telescope featured on NASA website

 • Capito Urges Solidarity With People of Ukraine

In The News:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

west virginia daily newstaxi how muchupdown