Lewisburg, W.Va. — The scheduled midterm evaluation of Greenbrier County Schools (GCS) Re-Entry Plan by the Board of Education has resulted in several adjustments. GCS will add two remote learning days each month for elementary students through January.
The remote learning dates are November 4 and 18, December 2 and 16, and January 13 and 27. Students (PreK – 12) will not participate in Google Meets on these days.
Schools are striving to meet the needs of all students by simultaneously providing in-person and remote instruction. This scheduling adjustment will give educators the necessary time to plan and manage the logistics of delivering both instruction modes to maximize student learning.
A complete list of updates to the plan includes the following:
- School closures for COVID 19 may be one or more days based on GBC Health Department directives.
- The following Wednesdays will be remote learning days for all elementary students: November 4 and 18, December 2 and 16, and January 13 and 27. No Google Meets on these days (PreK-12)
- Remote learners will enter a contract with the school. Administrators will be in contact with remote learning families.
- Students who are not being successful as remote learners may be required to attend in-person classes.
- An update to page 22 of the re-entry plan clarifies that if a student or employee tests positive for COVID-19, the Greenbrier County Health Department will notify the school. A closure of one or more days is possible based on results of contact tracing and Health Department directives. This could also result in the closing of other schools.
GCS recognizes that COVID-19 requires its plan for this year to be a fluid document, requiring constant re-evaluation. School re-entry information and resources are available at greenbriercountyschools.org.