Local Catholics and their families in Greenbrier, Monroe, Pocahontas, eastern Fayette, Alleghany and Bath Counties are welcome to join together for an Area Catholic Picnic. The picnic will be held on July 18 at 2 p.m. at Shelter #1 in the Greenbrier State Forest. This is just south of I-64, exit 175. Guests should bring a covered dish, hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks, all paper products provided.
The Historic Church of Mary Immaculate will be hosting a first Saturday Mass near Williamsburg on August 7, September 4, and October 2 at 10:30 a.m. A covered dish lunch will be on the grounds.
The Mass on the Feast of the Assumption will be held in the oldest standing catholic church in West Virginia – St. John, the Evangelist Catholic Church, on WV 311 in Sweet Springs, Monroe County. The doors open at 4 p.m. on August 15 for tours, ice cream social on grounds after mass.
– Bartow, St. Mark’s, Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
– Marlinton, St. John Neuman, Sunday at 9 a.m.
– Rainelle, Sacred Heart, Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
– Ronceverte, St. Catherine Of Siena, Sunday at 11 a.m.
– Snowshoe, St. Bernard, Saturday at 6 p.m.
– White Sulphur Springs, St. Charles Borromeo, Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday at 9 a.m.
Ad Sponsored For Greenbrier Valley Council 8689 Knights Of Columbus
West Virginia Daily News has been serving Greenbrier and Monroe Counties since 1866.